Don't be left in the dust – Multiply Your Advantages
Running a small business is tough. Real tough. This means you have to take advantage of your strengths. All small business owners know the challenges because they live with them daily so let's discuss strengths and solutions – a mentally healthy way to approach the future. Here is a quick refresher of some of the advantages you, as a small business owner, have over your larger competitors.
- Relationship marketing – Small businesses can blow the big guys out of the water on this point, word of mouth is powerful.
- Personal – Large businesses rely on gimmicks and giant 5th Ave marketing campaigns to attempt to make customers feel special. On the other hand, you can literally reach out and touch your customers.
- Responsive – You directly communicate with your customer base and can respond quickly and decisively to their needs.
- Niche markets – Success in a niche market is something only small business can achieve effectively. The big guys only pretend to specialize because their costs are so high
- Creativity – You can succeed with ideas that are outside-of-the-box based on your own personality and creativity.
Let the World Know You Are Here
Even a small traditional (print) marketing campaign will cost tens of thousands of annually. Print advertising is under a lot of price pressure today with the successes of a variety of digital marketing avenues available. So costs are up, return on investment is down, and discretion needs to be the watch-word when making a traditional media purchase. Should you drop traditional media? Probably not yet, but play smart and begin now diversifying your efforts.
The costs of beginning an online mobile marketing campaign would not significantly affect your current traditional effort even without increasing your marketing budget. A website is not enough, it is just expected today. To take advantage of ever-expanding mobile browsing which is very close to 25% of web traffic today, you will at minimum need a mobile responsive web site and a mobile presence via an app. Costs are very reasonable if you look in the right places, don't be fooled by those that dazzle and baffle – it should be straight forward and affordable on almost any budget.
Large Business vs. Small Business
Large businesses have allocated a larger portion of their marketing budget for online and mobile marketing than small businesses have by a factor of five. Large businesses invest 16% of their marketing budget compared to 3% of small business marketing budget investments. What do they know? They know a lot, they know the advantages of small businesses and they know they can imitate your advantages with mobile marketing and a dedicated staff that can imitate your natural strengths.
Use your natural advantages as a small business owner; don't give ground to your competition. You can take your strengths and put ground between you and your competitors. Let us help you multiply your natural strengths with a strong affordable online mobile presence. Don't wait, contact us now.